- Pay your business rates
Make a payment on-line
- What business rates may I be liable to pay? (external link)
How much will I have to pay?
Business Rates is the everyday name given to what is properly called National Non-Domestic Rates, and is a tax on non-domestic properties. It is the way local businesses and occupiers of other non domestic properties make a contribution towards the cost of local services.
Please note that Trade Waste services are not provided through Business Rates and are a separate chargeable service.
The amount of the tax is set by the Government and collected by Fylde Borough Council. The rates collected locally are then divided between the Government and Fylde Borough Council.
Business Rates are calculated by applying a 'multiplier', which is set by the Government each year, to a rating assessment. There are two multipliers: the standard non-domestic rating multiplier and the small business non-domestic rating multiplier.
- the small business non-domestic multiplier is 48.0p
- the standard non-domestic multiplier is 49.3p
Pay Over 12 Months Instead of the Usual 10
Payment of Business Rates is automatically set on a 10-monthly instalment schedule. However, with effect from 1 April 2014, the Government is offering businesses the option to pay their Business Rates over 12 months, rather than 10 (the number of instalments that you can have will depend upon when you begin making payments. This is because the year's balance must be paid within the financial year, i.e. by 31 March).
If you would like to pay over 12 months, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01253 658658, quoting your Business Rates account number.
See your outstanding balance and how your business rates bill has been calculated. You can also:
» Check the payments you have made and when any future payments are due
» Set up or amend a direct debit
» View or print your current and previous bills and correspondence
You only need to register once.
www.fylde.gov.uk/Advantage is available 24/7, so you can see the latest information and check the progress of any changes you have told us about.
Freedom of Information Requests
Fylde Council receives a number of requests of a similar nature for information which relates to Business Rate accounts (non-domestic properties). To address these requests we are now publishing specific information on:
• New Liabilities for the previous month (see related download on the right of the page)
• Full list of non-domestic properties within Fylde, with rateable value, property description, liability start and end dates, property address, empty property status and details of any mandatory of discretionary reliefs granted by the Council (see related download on the right of the page)
We will publish this information on a monthly basis and the latest information is available from the above links. We will not provide individual responses to requests for similar information but will re-direct requests to this page. If the information you request is not published on this page then you can submit a Freedom of Information request to us.
Limitations on data
• We do not provide contact names or address for the companies listed, as this information is available from companies house.
• We do not supply ratepayer telephone numbers or email addresses, as these are deemed to have been supplied to the Council in confidence and for the sole purpose of administering their business rate liability.
• The ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. In many cases this is a leaseholder and not an owner. It is not possible to identify the owners from our records. This information is available from the Land Registry.
• Account references are not included as these are personal to the account, and are used to ensure that a ratepayer is actually the account holder when they contact the Council.
• The data is only available electronically, in xlsx format. We will charge for requests for printed material, and payment must be received be received before the printed material is released.