2017/18 Standard multiplier - 47.9p
Small business multiplier - 46.6p
These notes are intended to give a helpful outline of the Small Business Rate Relief Scheme, but they should not be regarded as a complete guide to the law.
Who will qualify?
1) Only occupied properties with a rateable value of less than £15,000 can be considered for the relief.
2) Ratepayers occupying only one property in England and Wales with a rateable value of less than £15,000 will qualify for the relief.
3) Ratepayers occupying or jointly occupying more than one property in England and Wales may also qualify providing the additional properties each have a rateable value of less than £2,900 and the total value of all the properties remains below £20,000. In these cases only the main property will be eligible for the relief.
4) Ratepayers who have taken on additional properties since 1st April 2012 will benefit from additional support which means they will retain the relief on their original premises for a 12 month period.
How much will it be?
1) All eligible properties (with rateable values below £51,000) will have their bill calculated using a reduced multiplier (e.g. in 2017/18 this will be 46.6p in the pound instead of 47.9p).
2) Eligible properties with a rateable value of less than £12,000 will get 100% rate relief.
3) For eligible properties with a rateable value between £12,000 and £15,000 the amount of relief will reduce on a sliding scale of 1% for every £30 below £15,000 rateable value.
How To Apply For Small Business Rate Relief
Ratepayers should sign and return an application form for Small Business Rate Relief. You can do this by downloading and completing the Small Business Rate Relief application form at the top of this page and returning it to the Council. Scanned copies can also be emailed to email@example.com
Please contact the Council for more information.