The Development plan for Fylde Comprises the following:
- Saved policies of Fylde Borough Local Plan, adopted May 2003. ie: All were saved except Policy TR9 : Car Parking within New Developments;
- Saved policies of Alterations Review to the Fylde Borough Local Plan, adopted October 2005. ie: All were saved except Policy HL1: The Quantitative Housing Issue / Affordable Housing;
- Saved Policy 29 of the Joint Lancashire Structure Plan 2001-2016: Sites for Gypsy and Traveler Families, adopted March 2005;
- Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Development Framework Core Strategy Development Plan Document, adopted February 2009; and
- Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Site Allocations and Development Management Policies, adopted September 2013.
The Council operates an Interim Housing Policy (Revised 13th February 2013) to inform decisions on planning applications for housing. It should be noted that this is an informal document and does not form part of the development plan for the Borough.
It should be noted that planning policies change from time to time. Therefore, the above information is subject to change. Please visit www.lancashire.gov.uk (external link) for updates regarding minerals and waste documents and the Lancashire Structure Plan.