Insurance Claims Against the Council

Insurance Claims Against the Council

Compensation Claims against the Council for Loss, Damage or Personal Injury

There may be occasions where Fylde Borough Council could be responsible for causing damage to people’s property or even causing bodily injury. In such instances if the Council can be shown to be legally negligent it will offer compensation through its insurers.

If you have been involved in an incident and you wish to make a claim, please use the form in the downloads section to the right of this page with the following information:

  • The date and time of the incident
  • The exact location
  • A detailed description of what happened
  • Details of who was involved
  • The extent of damage or injury caused
  • An explanation of why you believe the Council to be responsible

To avoid delay in receiving a reply to your claim you should send it to the business unit concerned. If you are unsure about which unit is responsible you can write addressing your letter to Finance Administration Team Manager, Resources Directorate, Fylde Borough Council, Town Hall, Lytham St Anne's, FY8 1LW marking clearly that it is an Insurance Claim.

Alternatively you can email the details to or phone 01253 658709. If calling by phone you will be advised of the correct address where your claim should be sent. (All claims must be made in writing) a download for reporting accidents is available on the right hand side of this web page.

Insurance Claims Portal

Fylde Borough Council’s Public & Employers Liability insurer is Zurich Municipal. Solicitors wishing to lodge claims against the Council should do so via the Claims Portal:Zurich’s claims portal ID is (C00108).

Fylde’s insurance policy number is QLA07H0670073.

Please note: Fylde Borough Council is not a highway authority. The highway authority for Fylde is Lancashire County Council.

Footpaths & Roads

Fylde Borough Council maintains footpaths in its Parks, in the Promenade Gardens at St Anne's and along the sea wall adjoining Lytham Green. Certain paths in Lytham and St Anne's Squares are also maintained by Fylde. If your claim relates to these areas then please send your claim to Fylde Borough Council.

However, the majority of footpaths and roads in Fylde Borough are adopted highway and are owned and maintained by the highway authority Lancashire County Council and all correspondence regarding incidents on adopted footpaths and roads other than those detailed above should be sent to:


Customer Service Centre


0845 053 0011