?:Where can I walk my dog?
Walking Dogs on the Beach
Please see the related links to the right of the page for more information about this topic.
- No dogs, from 1st May to 30th September inclusive, are allowed between the Northern end of North Promenade Car Park and the area Southwards past St Annes Pier to the slipway near the new St Annes Lifeboat Station. Please see the map but this mainly includes the main part of St Annes beach the rest of the beach is fine for dogs all year round.
- Dogs must be on lead on the Prom.
- Dogs are allowed off the lead on the permitted beach areas.
And don't forget even when no dogs are allowed in the main beach (1st May to 30th September) St Annes has a lovely beach stretching miles which is perfect for dog walking all year round.
Parks for Dog Walking
Areas Dogs can be exercised off a lead:
- St Annes Beach (excluding bathing area between the Pier where dogs are banned from 1st May- 30Th Sept)
- Lansdowne Rd Field Area, Ansdell
- Beach Area, Lytham
- Bridges Playing Fields, Warton
- Rawstrone Playing Fields, Freckleton (not in the dog exclusion zone)
- Derby Rd, Dog Walking area, Wesham.
- Coronation Rd Playing Fields, Kirkham.
- Staining Playing Fields, Staining.
- Playing fields, School Lane, Newton.
- Playing Fields, Lodge Lane, Clifton.
Dogs should be kept on a lead in the following locations:
- Lytham St Annes Nature Reserve
- Promenade and Promenade Gardens between Fairhaven Road Carpark and North Promenade Carpark, St Annes
- Land between South promenade and the sand dunes from Denford Avenue and Fairhaven Road Car park, t Annes
- Land between North promenade carpark and the base of the sand dunes on the seawall side from North Promenade car park to Bentick Road St Annes
- Fleetwood Road playing fields, wesham
- Larbreck Plasy Area, Elswick
- Memorial park, Freckleton (excluding the rose gardens)
- Staining Rise Play Area , Staining
- Roseacre Road Play area, Elswick
- Hope Street Recreation ground, St Annes
- Fairhaven Marine Park, Fiarhaven
- Lowther Gardnes, Lytham
- Ashton Gardens, St Annes
- Lytham Green, Lytham
- Memorial Gardens, Kirkham
- Playing fields near Derby House, Derby Road, Wesham
- Meadow Park play area, Staining
- All adopted highways in the borough