For many years local communities have felt that their local park or open space has been neglected and they have been powerless to do anything about it. Setting up a parks supporters group gives all members of the community the chance to develop their local park or open space in line with their needs.
Forming a Supporters Group places the ownership firmly within the community. Being a “friend” of a park or open space is an excellent way of providing facilities, events and activities for your local community. Although this is sometimes hard work the rewards are more than worth the effort.
Below is a current list of all the Fylde Parks Supporters groups.
- FLAGG - Fairhaven Lake
- Friends of Fairhaven Lake - Fairhaven Lake
- Friends of Green Drive - Green Drive
Friends of Lowther Gardens - Lowther Gardens
- Friends of Mornington Meadow - Mornington Road
- Make Waddy Wonderful - Waddington Playing Fields
- SOAG - Ashton Gardens
- Park View 4 U - Park View Playing Fields
- Friends of Hope St - Hope St
- Friends of Kirkham Parks - Kirkham Memorial Park
- Peace and Sensory Gardens - Promenade Gardens
- Friends of Kilnhouse (email: email@example.com)
- Wesham Community Pride - Wesham
If you are a member of a parks supporters group in the Fylde and not included on the list above, please contact Amy Docherty on 01253 658526 and the page will be amended.
There are several areas in the Fylde that are in need of a support group, if you are interested in setting one up for a local open space or park then you can use the documents attached to the right hand side of the page for advice and guidance.
If you require more advice or would like an informal chat, please contact Amy Docherty on 01253 658526.