Change of Circumstances

Change of Circumstances

Housing Benefit - Report a Change of Circumstances

Please use our online forms to report your change in circumstance. It is important you give us as much information as you can about the change.

Once submitted a benefit officer will contact you to advise you further.

Here are some examples of changes affecting you or your partner which you need to tell us about:

  • Start to get Universal Credit
  • Start to get or no longer get any other type of state benefit
  • Start work or stop working
  • Wages go up or down
  • Savings go up or down
  • How many people live with you
  • Birth of a baby
  • Any of your children leave school
  • Move home (this includes moving to another flat or room at the same address)
  • Go into hospital or a rest home
  • Are temporary absent from your home

This is not a full list and if you are unsure whether a change in your circumstances will affect your benefit please contact us.

If you are not sure whether a change will affect your benefit – tell us anyway.