Landlords and agents are important stakeholders in the service we provide. We want to work closely with landlords and agents to ensure that they receive payment promptly and that overpayments are minimised.
In return we ask landlords and agents to respect our obligations toward claimant confidentiality and the Data Protection Act when they make enquiries about their tenants. A tenant does not need to tell you that they have claimed benefit. We can only discuss a benefit claim with a landlord if the tenant has given his or her permission for this to be done.
Self Service Module for Landlords
There is now an online service which, following registration, provides access to relevant data for Fylde landlords and will include the following:-
• View notifications on line
• Receive e-notifications instead of paper notifications
• Details of suspended cases
• Details of all payments made as soon as they have been generated
• The option to download/export payment details
• Relevant details of overpayment recovery on individual claims
• View relevant details of individual benefit entitlement for claims where payment is being made direct to the landlord
• View rent details/breakdown on which the claim is being based
Access to this should assist you by having up to date information readily available to you.
To register for this service please go to:- www.fylde.gov.uk/Advantage