Do you live in postcode areas beginning with PR3 0 or PR4 0?

Do you live in postcode areas beginning with PR3 0 or PR4 0?

Do you live in postcode areas beginning with PR3 0 or PR4 0?

With effect from 18th July 2018, if you want to make a new application for any of the benefits listed below or if you need to change to or from any of these benefits, unless you have 3 or more children or live in supported accommodation*, you will have to apply for Universal Credit instead.

• Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
• Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
• Income Support
• Working Tax Credit
• Child Tax Credit
• Housing Benefit

*Supported accommodation is accommodation where care and support services are provided or is a homeless hostel.

You can find out more information about Universal Credit, including how to apply on the government website:

It is important that you apply for Universal Credit as quickly as possible.

What you will need to apply for Universal Credit

• Your bank, building society or credit union account details (call the Universal Credit helpline if you do not have one on 0800 328 9344)
• An email address
• Your National Insurance number
• Information about your housing, for example how much rent you pay
• Details of your income, for example payslips
• Details of savings and any investments, like shares or a property that you rent out
• Details of how much you pay for childcare if you’re applying for help with childcare costs

If you do not provide the correct information when you apply it might affect when you get paid or how much you get.

You will also need to verify your identity online. You’ll need some proof of your identity to do this, for example your:
• Driving licence
• Passport
• Debit or credit card

You will still need to apply for any help with your Council Tax from Fylde Council. You will need to provide us with your Universal Credit letter when you first receive it and provide the letter every time the award changes.