Homelessness and Housing Advice

Homelessness and Housing Advice

Homelessness and Housing Advice

Fylde Council provide an inhouse Homelessness and Housing Advice service in partnership with Progress Housing Group and Face to Face YMCA.
All the information available has been divided into 5 sections, these are listed in the top right corner of the page. Click on each category to take you to the information.

Housing Advice - This section provides information on your rights as a tenant.
Homelessness tonight or in the next 28 days - This section provides advice on what to do in this situation. It is worth checking the housing advice and looking for accommodation sections - these sections will provide information to prevent you from becoming homeless.
Struggling with mortgage repayments - This section provides some useful information on where to seek advice
Sheltered housing - This section details of the different schemes available in Fyld

Looking for accommodation - This provides information on accessing private rented accommodation. 

How to contact us
We run an appointment system, appointments are available in the morning only, (however if you do work we can see you in the afternoon).
You can ring for an appointment with the Housing Advice Officer or Homelessness Officer on 01253 658658 or go to Fylde Direct One Stop Shop at the Town Hall, St Annes, FY8 1LW. Alternatively, you can email housing@fylde.gov.uk

All appointments are held at the Fylde Direct One Stop Shop, however home visits are available if you have mobility problems.

If you have accessed this webpage outside office hours after 5pm the Council operates an out of hours homelessness service in partnership with New Fylde Housing. The contact number is 03333204555, (this is outside office hours only).

Rough Sleepers - The Council works in partnership with a number of agencies to assist rough sleepers. To report a rough sleeper in the Borough please telephone the Council during office hours on 01253 658658 or e mail housing@fylde.gov.uk. You should leave the details of where you have seen the person and the housing team will try to make contact with the person to offer advice and assistance.

Alternatively contact can be made with Streetlink who a funded Government service that enables the public to alert local authorities in England about rough sleepers. They can be contacted on 0300 500 0914. Website details are available to the right of this page.