Struggling with Mortgage Repayments

Struggling with Mortgage Repayments

If you are struggling to pay your mortgage, or you think it will be difficult to pay more when your fixed-rate deal ends act now to stop your situation becoming worse.

For advice contact the Housing Advice Officer at Fylde Borough Council to make an appointment on 01253 658658 or call into the One Stop Shop Clifton Drive St Annes.

For further advice download the leaflet to the right ‘Are you worried about your mortgage’. This provides a step by step guide including;

1. Don’t ignore the problem
2. Look at your situation and check what help you can get
3. Talk to your lender
4. Show that you are willing to pay what you can
5. Find out what your options are
6. Make the right decision for your family’s future
7. Help for home owners facing repossession

Support for mortgage interest
Support for mortgage interest (SMI) is aimed at homeowners on certain income-based benefits, such as income support or income-based jobseeker’s allowance.
It is paid to your mortgage lender by the government 13 weeks after you claim and covers interest due on the first £200,000 of your mortgage at the Bank of England’s published monthly average mortgage interest rate.

It is only paid for up to two years if you are getting income-based jobseeker’s allowance.
Contact Jobcentre Plus or the Pension Service to check whether you’re eligible and to claim. The link to the right of this page provides more information

The Government's Mortgage Rescue Scheme
This scheme ended on the 31st March 2014 and is no longer available.