Housing Waiting List - MyHomeChoice

Housing Waiting List - MyHomeChoice

MyHomeChoiceFylde online application
Apply to get on the MyHomeChoiceFylde housing list online
Bedroom Entitlement Calculator
Bedroom entitlement calculator for social housing.

Fylde Council no longer has any housing stock; this was transferred to Progress Housing Group in 2000.

To make it easier for all residents in Wyre, Blackpool and Fylde to register for social housing all you need to do is register with one company who represents the three councils and local Housing Associations.  The name of the organisation is MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast. (external link)

And also in the list below this sentence.

MyHomeChoiceFyldCoast provides a single place where you can find affordable available homes from all the major social landlords including:

  • Regenda Group
  • Places for People
  • New Fylde Housing
  • Muir Group
  • Great Places Housing Group
  • Blackpool Coastal Housing 

To apply to join the Housing Register you must be over 16 years of age. Under normal circumstances you will need to be 18 before you will be offered a tenancy.

You will need to complete an application form  (external link) on the MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast website. The application form enables you to apply for a Council or Housing Association rented home.

Available properties are advertised each week on the website, details are also available from each organisation's local offices.  If you are interested in a particular property  you can express an interest by either telephone or email, or by calling into one of the housing offices.

Important changes to MyHomeChoice from November 2017.

Consultation on Social Housing November 2017

Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre Councils along with partner organisations of the MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast Scheme are propsing to make some changes to how people find and are offered social housing in the area. We want to make the system easier to use and fairer to everyone.

Information on the proposed policy changes can be viewed here. The proposed policy is available here.

We would like to hear your views. You can tell us wat you think by using the online survey at www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/CBRYN/

Current criteria is as detailed below:-

Local Connection
You must be able to demonstrate a Local Connection to the Fylde Coast. This is assessed by one or more of the following criteria:

•You must have lived in Blackpool for the last 3 years, or in Fylde for the last 3 years, or in Wyre for the last 3 years (unless you are a current member of the armed forces or have served in the last 5 years, or are statutorily homeless)
You can also gain a local connection through:

•Permanent employment in the area
•Close family association – has a parent, adult child (over 18), adult brother or sister who is living in the area and has done so for the last 5 years

Financial Assessment
Income of household must not exceed £60 000
• Applicants under 55 must not have savings of £30 000+

Transfer Applicants
Tenants of an existing MyHomeChoice Partner must live in their current property for a minimum period of 12 months before being able to apply for a transfer

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)
In cases of any household members committing acts of ASB or being subject to Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO), your application will be suspended for a minimum of 12 months. The suspension will only be lifted at the end of the 12 month period where you can demonstrate there have been no further acts of ASB
• Should any household members have been evicted for ASB from affordable housing or the private sector under ground 8 of the Housing Act 1988 they will be excluded from the register for 5 years from the date of the eviction Once again they should be able to demonstrate no further acts of ASB during this time

Other Changes
Bedroom Entitlement
The bedroom entitlement has also been reviewed and amended to reflect changes detailed in the Government’s Welfare Reform Act 2012.
• Children under 10 are required to share a bedroom irrespective of sex
• Children of the same sex between 10 – 16 are required to share a bedroom

Refusing Offers
Further amendments have also been made to the CAP which will affect applicants who continually refuse offers.
• Where an applicant has refused 5 suitable offers of accommodation, the application will be suspended for a period of 6 months

If you require any further information please contact your local assessing partner.

There are a small number of Housing Associations who have stock in the Fylde area who are not yet part of the MyHomeChoice scheme. You will need to contact each organisation separately to request a copy of their application form.

Accent North West Housing Association
Application forms are available over the phone on 0845 678 0582 (or 0345 from your mobile).
Accommodation is in Wesham – 16 x 2bed houses and 10 x 3 bed houses.

Greater Manchester Jewish Housing Association
85 Middleton Road
Higher Crumpsall
M8 4JY
Tel: 0161 740 0001

Sheltered accommodation in St Annes for people aged over 55 years. There are 22 x 1 bed flats. Applications are accepted from people of all faiths. Unfortunately residents are unable to take pets into the accommodation.

Your Housing (formally Lytham St Annes War Memorial Housing Association)

Your Response
PO Box 593
01925 592900

Sheltered accommodation at Clifton Gardens Lytham. There are 108 homes comprising of 1&2 bed flats on the ground floor and 1st floor 2 bedroom bungalows and 2/3 bedroom houses. Applications are only open to people who have lived or currently live within FY8 postcode area and or have a connection with the armed services. Pets may be a possibility.

Sheltered, supportive housing
Abbeyfield Society Ltd
There are two properties at 1 Park Ave and 32 Cecil St Lytham
Residents have their own room, en-suite facilities and kitchenette with alarm pull-cords in the rooms. Lunch and evening meals are provided in a communal dining room. For further enquiries please ring the applications secretary on 01253 713699.