- Apply for a job
Find and apply for jobs at Fylde Council
How to Apply
Please read the following guidance notes before you fill in your application form. The main points to remember when completing an application form are:
- Job vacancies at Fylde Council will be advertised on the yourcounciljobs (external link)website and applications should be made online through the site.
- Explain exactly how your knowledge, skills, and experience match those in the "essential" and "desirable" columns of the person specification. Where possible, give examples to show us how you match the particular criteria.
- Read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully. Think about whether your knowledge, skills and experience match those needed in the job and, if so, how you can show this on your form.
- Fill in the form as fully as possible. The information you give us in your application is the only information we will use when matching your knowledge, skills and experience to a particular vacancy. We cannot make any assumptions about your abilities and do not take into account any previous application's or prior knowledge of you.
- Don't just repeat your career history - explain the skills you have developed and don't forget to use experience outside of work that has helped you to develop.
- Make sure that you submit your application form to us by the closing date.