The Household Waste Recycling Centre (Tip) is operated by Lancashire County Council.
The nearest Household Waste Recyling Centre serving Fylde is the Saltcoates Road, located on the B5259 Saltcotes Road/ Mythop Road, Lytham.
For Sat Nav's the nearest postcode is FY8 4LS
View Saltcotes Road Household Waste Recycling Centre on
Last year you helped to recycle/reuse 77.28% of the rubbish brought into this centre.
Information on the treatment of waste can be found on the Lancashire County Council (external link) website at: http://new.lancashire.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling.aspx
Please be aware that the opening hours of the HWRCs changes depending on the time of year.
- 8am - 7pm 7 days a week (Summer - 1 April to 30 September)
- 8am - 5pm 7 days a week (Winter - 1 October to 31 March)
The HWRC's are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Years Day.
- Types of waste collected at Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC / Tips) (external link)
- Fridges / Freezers can be taken to the site (no charge) but you will need a van permit if you are taking a van
- The Council can collect bulky items from your house (charges apply)
- No Commercial Waste
- The site operates an Access Policy and Permit Scheme which restricts use of the sites by certain large vehicles, including vans and trailers.
- You must apply for a permit (external link) if you wish to visit the site with these types of vehicles.
- If you are wishing to deposit inert waste at any of our recycling centres you need to obtain a permit in advance of your visit. If you do not wish to obtain an Inert Waste permit you have the option of using the 'Pay-as-you-throw' service at the recycling centres.
- Online permit application (external link)
Lancashire County Council Waste Helpline Tel: 0300 123 6781
There are a number of Recycling 'Bring Sites' located throughout the Borough. Bring sites can be found at the following locations in Fylde: -
If you want to find out what items you can take to the recycling Centres please see the Recycling Now website (external link)