Fylde Borough Council works in partnerhsip with Bulky Waste Collectors to collect, reuse and recycle household items.
Bulky Waste Collectors are a collaboration of the charities Helping Hand and Refurb, who reuse and recycle items such as old furniture for the benefit of the local community, whilst reducing the amount of waste we send to landfill.
Large household items such as furniture, cookers and fridges are collected for a small charge when requested by householders. We aim to complete collections within 3 working days of the request. Collections are available:-
- Monday – Friday, Morning or Afternoon
- Thursday Evening
Collection can now be carried out from within your property, at an agreed time. The items must be easily accessible in order to be removed from the premises i.e. disconnected, unplugged, defrosted and empty of any items and must be able to fit through doorways without dismantling.
The exact number and description of the items that need removing must be specified during the booking. There is a charge for this service and payment must be made in advance, using a debit or credit card. Please have your card details available at the time of booking your collection.
- Call Fylde Direct on 01253 658 658
Please note any amendments or cancellations must be made by 5pm on the day of the request. Refunds and adjustments cannot be made after this time.
- Up to 3 items - £19.65
- 4 to 10 items - £39.30
- Fridges - £39.30 each
- Freezers - £39.30 each
- Integrated fridge freezer (non-commercial) £39.30 each
- garden sheds (maximum size 6" x 6" / 1.83cm x 1.83cm) -£45.00
- Over 10 items is charged at a rate of £73.60 per hour . The minimum charge of 1 hour is applicable and payment must be made in advance in order for the collection to be arranged. Please be aware that if the job takes longer than 1 hour this will be billed retrospectively at a rate of £73.60 per hour or part there of.
|Bed /mattress||Bathroom fittings or tiles|
|Cooker (must be disconnected)||Building suites, rubble, bricks|
|Fridge / Freezer units||Toilets, baths, sinks or shower units|
|Washing machine||Car batteries|
|Dishwashers||Carpets, rugs or underlay|
|Microwave||Children’s Wooden Play Area (any size)|
|Wardrobes||Commercial fridges and freezers
|Chest of drawers||Computers, printers, photocopiers or scanners|
|Sofa||Oil or gas cans|
|Bicycles||Organs or pianos|
|Mobility aids||Paint or varnish|
|Radiators||Laminate or vinyl flooring|
|Fence Panel||Soil or concrete|
Items in good condition will be reused within the local community. Items unsuitable for reuse will be recycled wherever possible.
Any remaining items unsuiatbale for reuse or recycling will be sent to landfill, except for electrical equipment including fridges and freezers which are sent for specialist disposal.
We aim to reuse or recycle 50% of the bulky items collected.
There are a number of charities operating in Fylde which will collect items in good working condition that are suitable for reuse. These include:
- Refurb Fylde & Wyre (external link)
- Helping Hand (external link)
- British Heart Foundation (external link)
- YMCA (external link)
- Emmaus (external link)
- Office Porterage Services (external link)
- The Salvation Army (external link)
- The Ormerod Trust (external link)
- Fylde Community Link (external link)