- Event Notification Form
Fylde’s reputation and experience of high profile events across the Borough means that new events and civic occasions have the opportunity to increase and play a pivotal role in the economy and profile of Fylde. The Fylde Borough has an annual tourism revenue of £222 million as identified by the ‘official’ STEAM figures and supports 3,000 fte jobs in the district. Over 3 million annual visits are made to Fylde, of which 15% are overnight stays. A visitor staying overnight spends approximately 8 times more than a day visitor, hence the opportunity to increase overnight visits through events.
The council has a role in events in many ways. This includes directly providing or commissioning events, licensing / approving events held by others, providing support for events that others provide such as financial/operational support and also by promoting events. The council also undertakes regulatory functions in relation to events which include Health & Safety, Food Safety, and Environmental Protection e.g. noise.
There is also a budget to provide grants to events in order to encourage activities and attractions that will: generate tourism income for the benefit of the resident community, project a positive image of Fylde and raise awareness of the tourism industry, facilitate a wider range of facilities and infrastructure than would otherwise be available to the resident community, provide additional employment opportunities and create a sense of pride and identity in the area for the resident community. The application form is available above. A sum of grant funding can be made available in year 1 if the event is deemed to be in line with these aims and will reduce by 50% in year 2, with a further 50% reduction in year 3. A maximum of three years funding will be made available. As an example - £4K in year 1; £2K in year 2 and £1K in year 3.
Please use the form above to notify the Council about your proposed event. The Council will work with you to make sure the event is safe, secure and most importantly a success.
The purpose of the council supporting events is to encourage activities and attractions to locate in Fylde and to facilitate special events that will:
• Generate tourism income for the benefit of the resident community
• Project a positive image of Fylde and raise awareness of the tourism industry
• facilitate a wider range of facilities and infrastructure than would otherwise be available to the resident community
• Provide additional employment opportunities
• Create a sense of pride and identity in the area for the resident community
The Council has a small budget available and is willing to consider funding requests from other organisations which must demonstrate as part of their request:
• The number of participants anticipated
• The number of spectators anticipated
• The approximate percentage of the above who would be Fylde residents as opposed to Visitors to the Borough
• The level and type of media coverage planned (local/regional/national/international)
• The number of participant “bed nights” anticipated
•The overall estimated “value to the Borough” of holding the event/attraction (whether this be financial or otherwise)